Tiropitakia (little fried cheese pies)
- 1/2 lb feta cheese
- 1 cup grated kefalotiri or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley (chopped spearmint is also nice)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup melted butter (or more)
- 1 lb phyllo dough (pastry sheets)
- Crumble or mash the feta cheese with a fork.
- Add the grated cheese, parsley, eggs and pepper.
- Cut pastry sheets in strips about 2x12 inches.
- Stack them one on top of the other to prevent From drying.
- Brush a strip of phyllo with melted butter, lay another strip on top and brush that one with butter too.
- Put one teaspoon of the filling on the short end of the strip, facing you, and fold over one corner to make a triangle.
- Continue folding pastry strip from side to side in the shape of a triangle until the entire pastry strip covers the filling. (Remember how we were taught to fold a flag into a triangular shape? Think of that as you keep folding the dough over. You should have a nice, neat, triangular packet.)
- Proceed in this manner with remaining pastry strips and filling until all are used.
- Put”tiropitakia” on a buttered baking sheet, brush generously with melted butter and bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- You can also make these ahead, put on a baking sheet and freeze, unbaked. When frozen, just keep them in a ziploc bag and you can have tiropitakia at a moment’s notice. Just add 5 more minutes to the baking time if you’re using frozen ones.
I remember having these the first time I went to Greece around thirteen years ago, it was on an excursion during the holiday and we had stopped on a hillside at a small family run roadside place and they gave us Tiropitakia…I’ve loved them ever since!
jess, if you can read this, this is one for rachel :)
darn you jess you got me into this song
how do 5 gay guys walk?
in one direction
shawarma is so DELICIOUS
but as happy of a day as it was, it was still a bit heartbreaking
jess sang to me and i cried like a baby
On behalf of Micah:
would you be open to leaving prom a little early and hitting The Avengers around 9:00 at Town Square?
sounds perfect, lovely :3
oh, did he call about the reservations *hides when…
*hides* *runs* *
puts shirt back on*
this is your boyfriend
you don’t even do video
hey, if i did, your brother wouldve blinded himself by now XDDDDDDD